Tom’s Recommended Reading for the Week
Happy Friday! Take a look at these articles heading into the weekend.
- ADM picks former United Building in Chicago for new headquarters –About two months after announcing its headquarters move to Chicago, Archer Daniels Midland Co. has a new home — one that recently lost the headquarters of another Fortune 500 company… Crain’s Chicago
- Fulton Market buildings sold to Cedar Street ventures – After feasting on failed condominium projects, Cedar Street Cos. is continuing its push into office properties, acquiring two buildings a block away from the future Fulton Market home of Google Inc… Crain’s Chicago
- Chicago picked as site for Obama’s manufacturing initiative – Chicago will be the site of a digital manufacturing institute backed by $70 million in federal money and another $250 million in private and other government funding, giving the city, once a factory town, a better chance to re-establish its credentials as a modern maker of things… Chicago Tribune
- A New Trading Platform for Owning Office Property? – Very soon, if everything goes according to plan, individual investors will be able to buy and trade ownership stock in a single commercial real estate property, just like they would shares of common stock in a single company. The first property set as a test case for such trading is a noteworthy downtown Washington, DC, office building… CoStar
- Negotiate an Exit When Entering a Lease Agreement – Upon boarding an airplane, passengers are given instructions on exiting the aircraft in the most expedient manner if the need arises. Evaluating exit strategies should also be a top priority for tenants upon entering a lease agreement… National Real Estate Investor