Jill’s Top 5 Articles From This Week
- Brainlab, Inc., a Munich-based medical technology firm, has a newly designed office space at 5 Westbrook Corporate Center in suburban Westchester, and earlier this year it expanded its presence into downtown Chicago by opening a new state-of-the-art customer training center in the iconic Wrigley Building – Globe St.
- River Point, a high-rise at 444 W. Lake St., is now 70 percent pre-leased after adding two new tenants, developer Hines Interests confirmed. – Crain’s Chicago
- The market has pretty much gotten the message: barring some unforeseen calamity or significant turn in the economy, the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates at its December meeting. That covers the “when.” The folks at Bank of America/Merrill Lynch have started filling in the “how.” How will the Fed raise rates, and how will the market respond to that? – Wall Street Journal
- As daring a design as the planned Apple retail store near Pioneer Court will have, apparently it is toned down from the original concept. 42nd Ward Alderman Brendan Reilly says he pulled the plug on a large video screen that would have faced the Chicago River. – Loop North News
- For years people have talked of turning Chicago into a “Silicon Prairie” meant to rival the nation’s coastal tech hubs, and even though it still can’t quite compete with the actual Silicon Valley, the city has recently emerged as a truly mature tech market. – Globe St.