Jill’s Top 5 Articles From This Week
- The owner of the 26-story tower at 2 N. LaSalle St., a venture led by Norfolk, Va.-based owner Harbor Group International, has struck an agreement with an investor that will provide “a significant equity infusion” to the building, the company said in a statement. – Crain’s Chicago
- AXIS Reinsurance signed an 11-year lease for 29k SF on the building’s 35th floor, while global investment firm Houlihan Lokey locked down over 57k SF on the 37th and 38th floors for the next 15 years. Both companies are increasing their lease footprints and moving to 111 S Wacker from other buildings. – Bisnow
- The new owner of the Aon Center said it plans to add an observatory atop the 83-story office tower, a plan that would make Chicago just the second city in North America—and one of the few anywhere in the world—with three observatories. – Crain’s Chicago
- The Next Hot Thing in Cool Office Design: Now that every big startup has an open seating plan and giant amphitheater, what’s next in office design? We talked with top designers and architects to get their impressions of the present and visions for the future. – Inc.
- SPINS, which employs nearly 175 people, opened a new headquarters today at 222 W. Hubbard St., near the Merchandise Mart. About 150 people will work downtown. – Crain’s Chicago